theblogthebiothephotos

Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Hunger Games got me...

I never read the twilight series. So when a friend mentioned, "The Hunger Games," and related it to the vampire series I felt like I would never go for it. But then I did and now its all I do. Its consumed me and while they are quick yet thick reads I am not a quick reader. So for the last few weeks I've been prying myself away around 2am and instantly waking up for more. These characters have played with my dreams and visit my imagination throughout the day. I am finally starting book 3 and its one those books I am afraid to end as it will feel like a bad breakup when it's over (but then again a lot of books do that to me, I get very emotionally attached). Young adult, you bet but every once in a while its good to jump into another world and shake things up.  Its a morbid tale of love and futuristic battles, crazy government styles and strife. Suzanne Collins designs a very enthralling world that is easily addictive and identifiable.  Not to mention the first movie of the series comes out in the US in March and I just hope its around the corner for us here in Brazil. The book has been on the New York Times Best seller list for more than 60 weeks now so clearly I am not the only one swept away.

Ill be back when I finish book 3...


2 comments:

Meredith said...

I agree! Excellent books. I read the first book a few years back when I was teaching middle school. One of my 7th graders was reading it, along with the Social Studies teacher (he was about 38 years old). That sparked my interest.
I LOVED the first book and quickly read the second. The third had not come out yet. I think once I finish the books on my Kindle then I'll download the third.

Happy Reading!

Born Again Brazilian said...

I'll have to check it out!! I know I'm alone in this, but I tried to get into Twilight and I just couldn't, yet, I love the supernatural stuff. Very excited to try this (just need to get my hands on a copy now...)

Post a Comment

Always up for a reaction, impression or question?