theblogthebiothephotos

Monday, August 23, 2010

Visa frustrations


Alex landed, settled and began our new life in Sao Paulo. I am coming in a month as soon as I finish up my job and get the move organized. Two weeks in however, he is now coming back. Since he is his company's first american it is trial and error for both. His Visa is somewhere in the piles of government documents in Brasilia and he is flying home to wait it out. Their idea of efficiency is slightly different than ours so we could potentially be waiting for a while. I know he is very frustrated wanting to work, ready to work and trying to work however knowing he is coming back for just a few more weeks in chicago....I can't help but smile. These nuances are reminders of why we are moving to another country. We will get there eventually, and when we do I honestly cannot wait to throw ourselves into this crazy cultural mixing bowl and see where it takes us. Till then I get my husband back for a few weeks and we might just get to leave together this time.

a vida é boa

1 comment:

Jim said...

Consider this a kind introduction to your new reality. Relax. Sit tight. You cannot push the river that is Brazilian Bureaucracy.

Be sure to bring an iPod with the maximum battery power to help you survive the waiting/lines. It's all good.

Post a Comment

Always up for a reaction, impression or question?